Surgery is often necessary to treat a fully developed hernia. However, hernia mesh complications have been reported by thousands of patients who claim that they faced life threatening conditions because of a faulty implant. There has been reports to the FDA how recalled mesh has caused some of the most dangerous health effects.
The primary idea of the hernia mesh surgery is to support the damaged or weakened tissues around abdominal region. The woven fibers of the mesh are generally made from sheet of synthetic material or from animal tissues. Abdominal hernia pain after the surgery might be the symptoms of adverse complications. Meet the doctor to speak about the debilitating pain and degraded the quality of everyday life and to find out if your case needs a revision surgery.
The most common types of hernia are:
- Inguinal: about 70 percent of all hernias are of this type when the intestines push through a damaged spot often in the inguinal canal (lower abdominal wall). It is seen more in men than women.
- Hiatal: when a part of the stomach swells through the diaphragm into the chest cavity, a hiatal hernia occurs. It is seen in patients over 50 years
- Umbilical: Children and babies, specially under the six months old, can have protruding intestine through their abdominal wall. If it doesn’t go away in an year might need corrective surgery
- Incisional: this occurs after one has had abdominal surgery where the intestines may push through the incision scar
Some of the most commonly reported complaints after the mesh repair surgery include:
- Allergic reactions to the mesh material
- Organ perforation
- Bowel obstruction
- Mesh erosion or failure
- Abdominal pain
- Kidney failure
- Intestinal fistulas
If you have questions about what to do after you have been wrongly affected by the hernia meshes, visit https://herniameshrecall.net/ to get an appointment from the experts. Dial (855) 815 0586 to get a free evaluation and understand about the complications of the lawsuit procedure.